Monday, November 7, 2011

Osiris Shall Be Reborn!

Jeff Dee, who produced by favorite illustration of a halfling ever (the buff little bastard in Moldvay's Basic) and an image of Thor that could almost turn me into a full-fledged pagan, is undertaking to recreate all of the art he did for TSR, beginning with his illustrations for the Egyptian mythos in Deities and Demigods. Apparently, the originals were thrown into a dumpster at some point (add that dumpster to my list of places to hit when I get a time machine). Here's an image of his recreated Elric for a sample of what he has in mind ...


He project is being done at Kickstarter (where my own Mystery Men! project was born), and I just kicked in $20.

Let get this done ladies and gents!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't read the Elric Sagas in my youth. I've only just started reading Stealer of Souls in the last few days. But, this drawing has always been the image of Elric that I carry in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the original.

    I love Jeff Dee's artwork but for some reason he seems to have lost his previous inking technique and I feel that's unfortunate.

    I was always amazed by his Villains and Vigilantes work but later his later Superhero art lacks the strength and clean finish of his early stuff.

    Still, it's an interesting exercise. I may pop over to kick starter when I get some spare time and money.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...