Monday, January 14, 2013

The Man Who Was Thursday - Quick Review

Read it.

Longer review ...

I'm three chapters into G. K. Chesterton's novel The Man Who Was Thursday, and I'm loving it. I was wavering through the first chapter until the last few lines. Now I'm completely hooked. Imagine if you will the turn-of-the-century struggle between the Central Council of Anarchists and the poets-turned-police officers assembled to stop them from destroying the world. If you're into the weird and absurd, you will probably dig The Man Who Was Thursday.

And since the inspiration has struck, I will be presenting, tomorrow, the anarchist class.

That's all for today kiddies!

3 comments:

  1. Read that some time ago ... I don't remember it very well but I do recall finding it disorienting. I guess I should read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. My impression is kind of the same as yours Mike. Read it decades ago in high school or college. Recall liking it at the time. But was kind of surreal, and hard to remember many of the details now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it and it captivated me until close to the end when it lost some of its frenetic energy.

    So a weak finish but still a great read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...