Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wilderness Adventures in Literature

I've been listening to H. R. Haggard's King Solomon's Mines the last couple days while processing data at work. I highly recommend it to Referees whose players are about to embark on a wilderness trek. You can also read it here.

After we get some introductions out of the way, you get to see the process of hiring a wagon, team of oxen and henchmen, and choosing what arms to take along - not to mention an old map that came from a dying Portuguese adventurer.

Once they get moving, you have random encounters with lions and elephants and the problems of food and water while traveling through the desert and mountains.

All good stuff - check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I got to listen to books at work, but I suppose patients expect me to listen to them. sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They only have to think you're listening to them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...