Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday Grab Bag

Just some random nonsense. I have some leaf raking and bagging to do today, along with other household chores to prepare for the family coming over tomorrow for all the traditional festivities. Whatever you do tomorrow, do it with a little love in your heart and find a way to be happy.

From the Old Fashioned Geek-mas Dept.


When I was a young lad, maybe 12, I remember borrowing a friend's copy of B1 - In Search of the Unknown and transcribing it on my parent's typewriter. Not as fancy a model as this (and they still have it!), but until I finally got an Apple IIE, the typewriter was one of my most important RPG tools. Image comes from James Lilek's Merry Kitchmas site.

From the Zeppelin Christmas Mash-Up Dept.


Fleming & John - Winter Wonderland to the tune of Misty Mountain Hop. Image and link from one of my favorite daily reads, NEVVER.

From the My Hero Dept.



I officially declare that the rest of my life will be dedicated to trying to match the greatness of this man.

From the Heart's Desire Dept.


I'm back on the weight loss trail again. I lost 50 pounds about a year ago, and then hit a long plateau. I'm now back on the trail, trying to finally get back to my college weight of 180. Images like this are both a balm and a torment.

From the Sci-Fi RPG Challenge Dept.


Okay, so we have a couple new planets to play with. Who wants to do a non-denominational sci-fi hex crawl with one of these planets? Maybe I could set up a blog called Kepler 20-F, post a map and people could all throw their 2 credits in. No game stats, no over-arching theme other than - "Recently discovered by 'Man', largely unexplored, holds secrets and ruins of the ancient Keplons". Just anything that grabs your fancy that other Referees could then use with their groups to explore. Whaddya think?

From the Thank God for Frank Cho Dept.

Yeah - just ... yeah.

From the Super Short Story Dept.


I wrote a very short story for some Lulu contest. You can download it for free from HERE if you have an e-reader thingee. If not, I'll probably post it in the near future. It's set in the Beyond the Black Water hex crawl I did with Frog God Games, and I might look at expanding it into a proper short story.

From the Blood and Treasure Art Dept.



I leave you with an elf paladin and a dwarf cleric from Blood and Treasure, both illustrations by Jon Kaufman (Pachycrocuta). Not a bad way to end a pre-Christmas post. Maybe a post tomorrow, maybe not, definitely normal posting next week. Enjoy the day, even if it has no spiritual meaning for you.

1 comment:

  1. Grab Bag! Woohoo, fun. I love the Santa with the typewriter. So great. Best of wishes in your continued journey to drop the weight.

    You can do it!

    Rah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...