Monday, March 29, 2010

First Post

The Land of Nod is an old school rpg campaign I've been running for the past few years, initially using the 3rd edition of D&D, and then moving to the Castles & Crusades system and finally to something between Castles & Crusades and the excellent Swords & Wizardry clone of the original D&D rules. It seems as I get older, I look for ways to simplify my life - less static and more living.

The Land of Nod is my attempt at making a setting that allows players and referees to get down to the business of playing games. It doesn't have a grand, thousand page history to memorize, or abundant restrictions on what you can play and how. It is a grand sandbox with all the requisites for the heroic adventures that have driven people's imaginations for decades. Most importantly, it is a collection of places to see and things to do.

Over the coming months (and years?), this blog will serve as a place I can present my little imaginary world, and maybe a few notions that other role-players will find useful. So, consider this my entry into the Old School Renaissance.

And may I add: Swords & Wizardry, S&W, and Mythmere Games are the trademarks of Matthew J. Finch, and that I am not affiliated with Matthew J. Finch or Mythmere Games™.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...