Wednesday, August 2, 2017
The Antiquarian - Thumbnail Class Sketch
This fellow will probably find his way into Esoterica Exhumed in a more fleshed-out form.
The Antiquarian ...
- Rolls d4 for hit points
- Fights and saves like a magic-user
- Can read obscure languages
- Collects dusty tomes, books, scrolls - carries them on his back, so he's hunched over - provides protection from back stabs
- Can call up the ghosts of the past to help him (knowledge, fighting, etc. - "Julius Caesar, I choose you") - I figure this will work a little like an illusionist's shadow conjuration spells
- Legend lore, as a bard (or more so)
- Use magic scrolls to cast spells; can always identify potions and scrolls
- Can recall ways to fight monsters ("Egad, I nearly forgot that ogres are allergic to dust mites") - while fighting a monster, but only if the group doesn't have what they need - they can use the method in future fights, though, and get a +1 to hit the monster
- Has bad eyesight from all the reading - easier to surprise
- Resistance to magic - 3% per level to divination, enchantment and illusion; 1% per level to necromancy, transmutation, etc.